Capacity Building Scheme I:
The Capacity Building Scheme under the National e-Governance Plan (NeGP) of Government of India envisions establishment of an institutional framework for State-Level decision-making.
Capacity Building Scheme addresses the critical ‘ Human Resource Development ‘ and ‘Training’ components of NeGP to provide technical and professional support to State Level Policy and Decision making bodies and develop specialized skills for e-Governance initiatives.
The Scheme envisions:
- Establishment of Institutional framework for State Level Strategic Decision making for State e-Governance program
- Setting up of State e-Governance Mission Team (SeMT) in the State.
- Imparting of specialized training and orientation programme for SeMTs and decision makers (Public functionaries, State Legislature and Senior Bureaucrats.
- Knowledge sharing through e-Governance related trainings and bringing international best practices to the implementation of initiatives.
- Strengthening of Training Institutions in the State.
- Program Steering Council (PSC) chaired by Hon’ble Chief Minister formed
- SeGP Apex Committee chaired by Chief Secretary formed.
- Project e-Mission Teams (PeMTs) for Mission Mode Project Departments formed.
- A total of 20 nos. of Trainings conducted including one Leadership Meet for MLAs covering 499 participants under implementation of Capacity Building –I.
- A total of 9 trainings conducted covering 65 participants under implementation of Capacity Building –II.
- State Academy of Training (SAT), Manipur strengthened with provision of IT Infrastructure and development of Governance Training Cell with a capacity of 40 Systems, UPS , LCD panel, Multi seats, Chairs , Cupboards and Bulletin board.
Capacity Building II:
The Capacity Building (CB) Scheme I was approved in 2008 for taking National e-Governance Plan (NeGP) forward across the country. The scheme aimed/focussed on providing technical and professional support to State /UTs level policy and decision making bodies and to develop specialized skills for e-Governance. This Phase I of the scheme got over on 9th January, 2015.
The Phase II of CB Scheme has been approved from 10th January,2015 for supporting States/UTs and central line Ministries for implementing Digital India.
In order to address the challenges /gaps in holistic manner and support at NeGP to achieve its goals through engaging experts, developing skills and imparting specialized trainings. In CB phase I the approach was built around training government officials at different levels (Leadership & Vision/Policy level, Programme level i.e. State level, Project level, Department level).
In Capacity Building Phase II, to achieve the objectives of enhancing skills, with the desired speed and scale, leveraging technology platform is necessary. Therefore, a Knowledge Management System (KMS) & Learning Management System (LMS) for e-Governance is being developed so that, government officials from all departments working on e-Governance projects and collaboration and knowledge community for a through LMS & KMS anytime anywhere. The LMS approach can be blended with face to face instructor led trainings.
An important activity in Capacity Building II approach is to collaborate with the Administrative Training Institutes across the country.
In order to reach and achieve maximum numbers of coverage of government officials, the trainings will be conducted at the training and capacity buildings institutes of the State governments, with support from NeGD.
The following training Programmes, apart from development of the LMS and the KMS are being taken up in the e-Gov Capacity Building Scheme phase II:
- Leadership Meet (LM):To sensitize the political and policy level to develop their support and commitment in taking e-Governance Project forward for improving the Government Service Delivery for the benefit of citizens at large.
- Chief Information Officer (CIO): Building Capacities within the Government through enhanced knowledge and skills of Government Officials is critical to the success of e-Governance in India.
- Thematic Workshop:To conduct theme based workshops for various levels of Government Offices from States /UTs and Centre.
- Specialized training programmes (STeP) for State /UTs:To develop skills within the State/UTgovernment department in specific processes, management, frameworks, standards, soft skills, etc. These trainings will primarily be addressed to develop requisite competencies in all the key Mission Mode Projects (MMPs) in specific areas, in addition to other ICT related initiatives.
- Specialized Training Programmes (Step) for Line Ministries: Building capacities within the Central departments through enhanced knowledge and skills of Government Officials is critical to the success of e- Governance in India. Specialized skills and knowledge are crucial to the success of e-Governance projects – to drive a project from the concept stage to the full – fledged implementation and rollout stage.
- SeMT Orientation:To develop a common understanding of e-Governance projects and initiatives at the National and State Level, and have clarity on the roles and responsibilities of SeMTs.
- Online Trainings / Technical Certifications: In Capacity Building Phase II e-Governance trainings to be delivered online (Complete package as well as blended package) and technical certification trainings to be also introduced for encouraging greater participation in the Government. A methodology of Learning Levels will be adopted which could lead to a learning path for officers to take the next steps to get trained.
Partnership with the Administrative Training Institutes for managing end to end training for different programmers, developing faculty content development and infrastructure support in e-Governance are being explored.
The following trainings and workshops have been conducted in the year 2017-18:
- 2 (two) days Workshop on Government e-Marketplace (GeM) for 250 nos. of State Government Officials and Government Suppliers and Vendors on 10th & 11th August,2017.
- 2 (two) nos. of Hands-on-training on e-Cabinet Application for 59 nos. of Nodal Officers and Deputy Nodal Officers of the Departments on 27th April and 31st May, 2017.
- Trainings on Certificate course on Computer Concept, Installation, Assembly, Repair and Maintenance of Electronic Appliances, Solar LED Lighting Products Design & Manufacturing for 273 no. of trainees through NIELIT,Imphal.
- Training on “Information Technology and its application to e-Governance” to 80 Government Officials through SAT,Takyelpat.
- Training on Project Management (PRINCE2) for 25 nos. of Government Officials through NISG,Hyderabad .
Upcoming / planned trainings:
- Trainings on Certificate course on Computer Concept, Installation, Assembly, Repair and Maintenance of Electronic Appliances, Solar LED Lighting Products Design & Manufacturing through NIELIT.
- Training on “Information Technology and its application to e-Governance” for State Government Officials through SAT,Takyelpat.
- Training of on ICT related topics through IIIT, Manipur.
- Workshop on Data Analytics & Big Data and Blockchain Technology through NISG,Hyderabad.
- Training on e-Governance for State Government Officials through NISG, Hyderabad.
- Workshop on e-Governance/ICT related topics for Government Officials.